01. We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
02. Importantly, (i) where we use the term ìclientî we are referring to the entity in contract with us to use the Little Black Dress services; (ii) where we use the term ìyouî we are referring to visitors to our website www.littleblackdress.co.uk or clients using the Little Black Dress services; (iii) where we use the term ìend-userî we are referring to a person contacted through your use of the Little Black Dress services, someone that you may contact in the future using the Little Black Dress services, or any individual whose information you provide to us in your use of the Little Black Dress
01. Little Black Dress, or Fashion Ventures Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you.
02. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ëcontrollerí of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
03. In connection with personal data provided through your use of the Little Black Dress platform and other services that we provide, we are a ëprocessorí for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Information you provide voluntarily:
Information we automatically collect:
Information through the Little Black Dress platform:
04. We also obtain personal information from your use of the Little Black Dress marketplace. When you upload end-user data in the Little Black Dress platform, we may have access to the data and content of your messages. We receive information about how you use the Little Black Dress platform and store it in log files or other types of files associated to your account and link it to other information we hold about you. This information might include the date of any activity, your browser and IP address as well as actions you have taken within the Little Black Dress platform. This information helps us to improve the Little Black Dress marketplace for you and for all users of the platform.
Information from elsewhere:
05. Little Black Dress may obtain information about you or end-users from third parties, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our marketing partners. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include device information (e.g. IP address and browser), location, behavioural data and demographic information. We may use this information, alone or in combination with other information described above, to develop or provide more relevant Little Black Dress features or services (e.g. social media data of end-users allowing you to send more relevant content) or provide more relevant marketing and content to you.
Public information & third-party sites:
06. Little Black Dress includes social media features (either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website), which may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting. The feature may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest and Instagram. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. Anything you submit to Little Black Dress via a social media platform is done so at your own risk without any expectation of privacy.
Further, any comments or information you supply on any blog that Little Black Dress operates can be read, used or collected by anyone. If your information appears in our blog pages and you want it removed, contact our Marketing team: [email protected]
We use and disclose personal information to:
01. Supply, improve and support the services we provide (this includes using the data you provide to use the Little Black Dress marketplace to contact end-users, aggregating information from your use of the platform or our website and sharing this with third parties to improve the services that we provide);
Confirm your identity in using the Little Black Dress marketplace;
Send you information and promotional content (you can amend your marketing preferences in our preference centre or stop receiving messages by unsubscribing);
Promote our services to you (e.g. when we collect your personal information on our website, we may contact you further to invite you to use our platform);
Perform the obligations of our contract with you or applicable law (e.g. to enforce our terms, communicate with you and provide support);
Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized or illegal activity;
Fulfil requests that you may make;
Bill you (e.g. to send you invoices, process payment, notices). Note that we use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
Send notifications about the platform;
Bring or defend legal proceedings, meet legal requirements (e.g. complying with court orders, enforcement actions, or other legally valid mechanisms) or respond to lawful requests by public authorities or law enforcement requests; and
Provide information to our professional advisors.
02. Further to the uses described above, we may transfer personal information of you or to companies that help us promote, provide, or support our platform or other services that we provide. We may partner with and use various third party software and services, including analytics services, to help understand your usage of our products and services.
03. We only provide a limited amount of your information (such as your name and delivery address) to select third party services who have entered into a contract with Little Black Dress. Other information such as email address will only be shared to collect data for analytics purposes when you visit our website or use our products and services. This allows Little Black Dress to monitor your use of our website, products and services and tracks our relationship so that we can improve our service to you. We may also use these third party services for communications, either through email, or through messages within our products and services.
For details about how we engage third parties when we process your order please see our terms & conditions, the standard form of which can be found at terms and conditions of our contract here.
01. In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as are providing you the services for or in order to comply with our legal obligations, enforce the terms of our contracts, resolve disputes or prevent abuse. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
01. In relation to clients, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically performance of our contractual obligations when you order from www.littleblackdress.co.uk
If you are not a Little Black Dress client, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to contacting you further in certain situations. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide individuals representing a business with details of our products or services through B2B direct marketing. If you are an individual, the basis on which we collect and use your personal data to contact you is often consent.
If you have any questions about the lawful basis on which we are processing your personal data, please contact Gayle Evans at [email protected]
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge.
In summary, those include rights to:
01. fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
02. access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
03. require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
04. require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
05. receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
06. object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
07. object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
08. object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
09. otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissionerís Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
01. email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
Provide enough information to identify you:
let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ëunsubscribeí button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 24 hours for this to take place.
01. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so
01. We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
This privacy notice was published on 17 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via email.
01. Please contact our Data Protection Officer, Gayle Evans, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer please send an email to [email protected] or write to Data Protection Officer, Gayle Evans, PO Box 396, Bolton. BL1 1AX United Kingdom
01. We use technology such as ìcookiesî to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website
CATEGORY 1: Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
CATEGORY 2: Performance cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Website.
CATEGORY 3: Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Website.
CATEGORY 4: Targeting cookies, or advertising cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
CATEGORY 5: Social Media cookies These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
To opt out of:
ï Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
ï other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.