Following hotly on the (kitten!) heels of Victoria Beckham, fashion icon Alesha Dixon, makes her own statement with fashion business littleblackdress.co.uk.
Read + share our press release which has featured across business, showbiz and international news outlets this August 2018
Little Black Dress has confirmed positive news about a recent investment process. With a fourth funding round closed, the business has now raised a total of ¬£2.5m. Most importantly, the latest cash injection will be used for job creation and further expansion.
Now approaching it's fourth year, the premium e-retailer Littleblackdress.co.uk is growing and is broadly profitable, the company has announced. This means the occasion-wear market place LBD, is the biggest pure play occasion-wear website selling fabulous dresses for balls, proms, race days, weddings, date nights and red carpet events.
Alesha is very much a part of the company. She's a shareholder, a board member and has helped design some of the most successful dresses sold on the website to date.
Key facts on Alesha's business
Caption: from left Shareholders David Walter, Ian Langley, Alesha Dixon and Mark Evans
- Littleblackdress.co.uk milestones also include:
- 90,000 fabulous dresses sold since launch.
- 5,895,000 people have visited the website.
- Over 1,500 dresses are available online now.
- ¬£10,000 raised for women's charity Refuge.
Chairman, Ian Langley, explains: "Firstly, the process we have gone through has seen all the business stakeholders standing together in the firm belief Little Black Dress remains a unique and highly desirable business proposition. You will be please to know, we are now moving towards profitability. Which, in today's world of turbulence in the retail sector, is a major achievement. We are confident that we are continuing our growth rate and remain quietly confident the next season will be better than ever, as we begin to take a stronghold as a premium luxury marketplace for fabulous dresses.”
Investment - Alesha
The latest investment will go towards upgrading technology, raising brand awareness online and exploration of an exclusive brand party range of dresses for AW18/19.
CEO Mark Evans, e-commerce retail consultant and former Shop Direct Creative Director, added: "One of the biggest challenges the business has faced has been cash flow like any other business. It has been a challenging and exciting year to say the least. We are pleased to say that we are entering the next phase of the brand's development with a sense of confidence and optimism.
Bringing Fabulous to Everyone
"We're a brand that is all about bringing fabulous to our customers and the continued support of our brand partners has been invaluable. Future growth and expansion will come from ensuring we have the newest and the best brands on board.
"We help premium designers and independent brands reach new audiences. We support them every step of the way with marketing, sales, customer services and logistical expertise. This enables the brands to focus on creating beautiful dresses. With over 40 brands online, and a range of dresses from ¬£50 to ¬£700, plus soon to be ¬£5,000 we are aiming to become the ultimate marketplace for fabulous dresses.”
Fact file on Alesha's fashion business Little Black Dress
• Launched in 2014. Company shareholders include Alesha Dixon, David Walter, Ian Langley, Mark Evans and the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA).
•Singer, dancer, presenter and Britain's Got Talent judge Alesha is a board member since April 2016 taking an active role in delivering LBD's future strategy. Alesha brings her own perspective and unique sense of style to the leadership team.
Caption: Brand Ambassador Princess Tessy of Luxembourg left; Alesha Dixon wearing her exclusive AW17 maxi dress
• Growing reputation as the go-to brand for unique dresses, inspiration and personal service.
• Little Black Dress has a mission to create that fabulous feeling. We inspire every woman to feel fabulous no matter the event or occasion.
• Since launching in 2014, Little Black Dress has achieved impressive growth. As an occasion dresses marketplace, growing at 100%+ from launch.
• Alesha Dixon sits on the board of Directors and is a shareholder in Little Black Dress.
• Our vision is to become the #1 luxury marketplace for fabulous dresses.
Discover fabulous and shop all dresses here
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on the news story